Simca do Brasil 1959

Chambord – new model  

Simca do Brasil was founded on the 5th of May 1958 in the City of Belo Horizonte, capital of the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais. Initially imported kits of the Simca Vedette supplied by the French Simca HQ and had them assembled in their facilities in São Bernardo do Campo (State of São Paulo). The first car left the assembly line in 1959 but was plagued with enormous problems due to the 480 strong, but totally unexperienced workforce.
Simca Chambord is a direct copy of the French built Simca Vedette, left the production line in March 1959. It features the customary 84 hp (63 kW) engine, 3 speed gearbox with the shifter located on the steering column. Assembled from parts imported from France.