Savio 1956

 


 

 

Savio was founded in 1919 by the two Savio brothers, Antonio and Giuseppe. Having learnt their trade working for Alessio, they started in Via Tiziano 38 by completing 600 bodies for Itala chassis for their previous employer. Another early project was a four door saloon built on a Ceirano chassis, the first use of the silent-bloc system. They went on to make bodies for numerous manufacturers (including Itala, OM, Isotta Fraschini, Ansaldo, Chiribiri, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia) as well as for other carrozzeria (including Garavini, Farina, Boneschi and Ghia).
After the war Antonio withdrew from the company, but Giuseppe continued alone until he passed away in 1954. At that point Alfredo Caracciolo took control, a few years later he moved the company to Borgo San Pietro di Moncalieri. In the following years the company diversified and created a prototype section, and later a special resins department.


 

 

Home

Savio 1955

Savio 1957

List 1956

Next page