MG MGA 1600, in Fixed Head Coupé and Sports Roadster form, was introduced in July 1959 as replacement for the earlier MGA which was powered by a 1489-cc engine and had been in production for almost four years. The '1600' engine is a four-cylinder, 1588-cc, ohv unit (dimensionally identical to the ohc unit fitted in the 1600 'Twin Cam' model end of prod. in 1960) which develops 79.5 bhp at 5600 rpm and the car features a number of modifications including restyled rear wing plinths and front disc brakes. Price is £1026 (FH Coupé), £940 (open Roadster).
MG Magnette Mark III Saloon continues with modifications to the engine and a number of detail changes. First introduced in 1959 it shares the Farina body styling of the other medium range BMC saloons and is powered by the B-Series four-cylinder, 1489-cc, ohv engine, with twin-carburettors, which produces 66.5 bhp at 5200 rpm. This popular 'tuned' saloon features a distinctive forward tilting MG grille and its interior is well equipped in relation to its price of just over £1000.