Jaguar Mark II was introduced in October 1959. This powerful sports saloon now feature disc brakes all round, improved visibility with slimmer pillars, modified centre grille rib, small faired-in side lamps on top of the wings, semi-recessed foglamps and a wider track rear axle. The six-cylinder, 2483-cc, twin ohc engine develop 120 bhp at 5750 rpm, giving the car a top speed in excess of 100 mph. 3.4 and 3.8 Saloons are also available.
Jaguar XK150 3.8 litre was introduced in October 1959 as a companion model to the 3.4 litre version which was announced in 1957 and continue the earlier classic XK120 theme. Available as Fixed Head and Drop Head Coupé and Roadster versions, this powerful sports car is fitted with a six-cylinder, 3781 -cc, ohc engine which develop 210 bhp in standard form and 250 bhp at 5500 rpm in 'S' form with high compression cylinder head and triple SU HD8 carburettors. Overdrive is standard on all models; limited slip differential and automatic transmission are optional.
In May 1960, the Daimler business was purchased from BSA by Jaguar Cars for 3.4 million pounds.