In 1948 Anglia and Perfect sold at £293 and £352 respectively.
Ford Pilot Saloon, Model E71A, was introduced in August 1947. Except for the front end, the four-door four-light bodywork is very similar to that of the pre-war 22 HP Model 62. When the Pilot was introduced there was to be a choice of 2.5and 3.6-litre V8 engines, but it was soon decided to fit only the larger unit (basically identical to that of the contemporary Fordson Thames trucks). This 3622-cc (77.8 x 95.3 mm) unit produce 85 bhp at 3500 rpm and drive through a three-speed gearbox with steering-column mounted shift lever. Suspension is in the Ford tradition with rigid axles and transverse leaf springs. Available for export is an 'equipped chassis' (Model E71 C) for pick-up truck bodies. Some export models have vertical louvres in the bonnet side panels. A metal Estate Car variant is offered, but supplied almost exclusively to Government departments. The Anglia and Prefect are continued with little change except that in December 1947, the word 'Anglia' had been incorporated in the radiator grille badge and the Prefect had chrome radiator slats and plain hub caps from October 1947.
Ford Anglia received a facelift in October 1948, and was redesignated Model E494A. The new radiator grille follow the same contour as that of the Eights and Tens of 1937-39, but now have two upright vertically-slatted openings. Introduced at the same time is an Anglia export version with the 1172-cc engine of the Prefect. This car differed in having a '10' radiator badge, the rear number plate mounted on the left and an extra tail lamp.
Ford Prefect also have a restyled front end. The radiator grille of the Prefect, now designated E493A, have the headlamps were incorporated in the wings, which are also higher than before.